اطلاعات تکمیلی کتاب Oxford Collocations Dictionary
Oxford University Press
|تاریخ انتشار||30 آذر 1388|
|نوع چاپ||تک رنگ|
New oxford Collocations Dict
|شابک 13 رقمی||9780194325385|
Product Des cription
The dictionary that helps students write and speak natural-sounding English, now in a new edition with CD-ROM. Which words usually go together? This dictionary shows you the common word combinations (collocations) that are essential for natural-sounding British and American English. Completely revised and extended, the new edition has over 250,000 collocations and over 75,000 examples.
· Based on the Oxford English Corpus, a 2-billion word corpus that provides authoritative information on the most typical collocations.
· Collocations only found in British or American English are clearly labelled.
· Examples, using British and American English, show how collocations work in context.
· Headwords printed in blue help you find the right word faster.
· CD-ROM with the complete dictionary, a searchable index that makes it easy to find the collocation you are looking for, and practice exercises.
· CD-ROM has pop-up definitions of every word included in the dictionary, with spoken pronunciation of British and American English.
· Collocations grouped according to part of speech and meaning.
· Usage notes show collocations shared by sets of words such as languages and seasons.
· 16-page Study section
Know which words work together and sound more natural
The Oxford Collocations Dictionary shows you which words work together. Now in a new edition with CD-Rom and more collocations, this bestselling dictionary helps you express your ideas naturally and convincingly.
Some word combinations are more frequent than others. With this dictionary you can study the collocations you need to know
Nice scenery or magnificent scenery?
Learn new collocations and boost your performance in exams such as FCE, CAE, CPE and IELTS
Football match or soccer game?
What sounds right in British English doesn’t always work in American English, and vice versa-the Oxford Collocations Dictionary guides you to the right words for your context.
Get more from the Oxford Collocations Dictionary
250,000 Word combinations
Collocations for 9,000 nouns, verbs and adjectives 75,000 examples showing how collocations are used
25 usage notes on collocations shared by words such as seasons, currencies and language 16-pages photocopiable study section